We already know what you’re thinking…
10 years! Wow that’s a lot of time!
No, wait… come to think of it, it actually went by so fast… while we were having so much fun.
…Wow, I really took a lot of photos in 2009. Why did I upload this one?
…Did I really look like that?
Too bad Snapchat filters didn’t exist back then…
What am I going to look like 10 years from now?
Will my smartphone face recognition even recognize me?
…Who am I?
Stop right there!
We loved seeing everyone’s #10YearChallenge photos on Facebook and Instagram. Even more interesting, because of the power of social media, we saw the true before and afters for so many individuals from so many different generations and people from all over the world. Everyone’s beauty and characteristics are unique, and everyone ages differently. Its always fun to look back and see how much we’ve changed and reflect on different times in our lives (and yes, even those peculiar phases!). Patients come to us frequently with requests to look like they did ten years ago. While we only set the most realistic expectations for our clients, it is known that plastic surgery can reverse the effects of aging quite well.
More importantly, during a consultation we assess all the concerns of our prospective patients to understand various factors of their lifestyle and genetics in order to recommend the most appropriate solution and treatment plan.
We like to emphasize that the effects of aging can be prevented or slowed down by making positive lifestyle choices. A healthy diet, staying hydrated, ample exercise, mindfulness, great hygiene and sufficient sleep can keep your body and mind in balance. We recommend this to everyone including our cosmetic surgery patients even after they have had a facelift, liposuction, eyelift surgery, laser skin resurfacing, or other plastic surgery procedure.
A few tips moving forward to maintain lifestyle choices and maintain your natural beauty and physique:
- Work/life balance can help you manage your stress levels
- Meditate and take time for yourself more often
- Practice a great skincare routine with quality products and a daily sunscreen
- Carry a drinking water bottle wherever you go
- Avoid overeating, excessive amounts of sugar and late night snack
- Stay active, go outdoors more often, or join a fitness club – bring a friend!
- Don’t stay up too late watching Netflix
- Drink alcohol in moderation and avoid cigarette smoke
- Seek regular medical examinations
- Don’t be shy to see an expert for any of your beauty concerns or gotals
The rest is up to you! Share this advice with your friends and family!